Submitted by Michael Frankfort, Co-Chair of STAO Elementary Curriculum Committee
SKILLS ONTARIO – SUMMER CAMP STAFF APPLY HERE
Looking for a rewarding career promoting the skilled trades and technologies to Ontario’s youth? We’re looking for collaborative leaders with a passion for the skilled trades and technologies.
We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team! Even when there aren’t any open roles available, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and we’ll keep it on file for future opportunities.
Full Job Description
Skills Canada – Ontario is hiring summer staff to join the camp team. The Summer Camp Counsellors will facilitate both regional camps in various locations across the province, travelling as needed, as well as virtual sessions while working from home. Training will be provided.
Skills Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with exceptionalities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting as needed with summer camp preparation and follow-up
- Co-facilitating camps in various assigned locations across the province, as well as virtual workshops
- Doing inventory of supplies for storage at the end of the camp season
- General office duties
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period (as per funding requirements)
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Aptitude and experience in organizing, planning, managing, and delivering projects is an asset
- Experience working with youth is an asset
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Must be willing to travel
- Knowledge of computers and of basic software
- Occasional heavy and repetitive lifting involved
- Fluency in French considered an asset
- Enhanced Criminal Records Check, as well as Proof of Vaccination against Covid-19 will be required upon hiring
SCHEDULE: 35 hours/week
We thank all applicants for their interest in Skills Canada – Ontario but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on Skills Canada – Ontario’s Summer Camp Program visit: www.skillsontario.com/camp.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume in PDF format.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract, Seasonal
Salary: $15.25-$18.00 per hour