WHO IS THE SANOFI BIOGENIUS GRANT FOR?
To be awarded a Sanofi Biogenius Grant, your school must:
- Be a Canadian secondary school educating youth in grades 9, 10, 11 or 12 (Secondary 3-4-5 in Quebec) that receives at least 80% of its funding from government.
- Have existing science laboratory facilities or equipment for the teaching of biology, physics or chemistry in need of renewal OR demonstrate that the Sanofi Biogenius Grant could provide the necessary resources to establish a classroom lab.
- Demonstrate how you are sparking inspiration for innovation and scientific discovery through hands-on STEM learning opportunities for all students. Possible efforts could include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring STEM learning opportunities are accessible to all students in your school, no matter their socio-economic background, cultural or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, family status or location.
- Adopting new technology or teaching methods to boost interest in STEM fields.
- Partnerships with outside organizations providing special science-oriented experiences to students. Share what you believe the anticipated impact the grant will have in your school
- Display strong support by the school community (administrators, teachers, students and parents) that demonstrates a shared vision towards science education and discovery.