Picture a Scientist – Free Documentary (need to request link) – submitted by Laura Wodlinger
Picture a Scientist
– What does a Scientist look like? How can we get more diversity into STEM?
This amazing documentary shows bias in Science through personal stories and through data. Three incredible women talk about their own STEM journey.
A great way to incorporate more Strand A into your science class, and a great way to get students talking about bias and discrimination in STEM. When I watched “Picture a Scientist” I was shocked and couldn’t stop talking about it.
The Hot Docs’ Docs For Schools program is offering one of their most popular docs for FREE in-school class viewing the week of December 13 – 17.
- PICTURE A SCIENTIST – Tribeca Film Festival 2020
- Check out https://www.pictureascientist.com/ – to see a trailer
- 50 minute version leaves time for class discussion
- The most common feedback we receive from teachers who have previously shown is about the class discussion the film generates.
- Email: Lesley Sparks – email@example.com
- Include: School Name, Grade, Subject area
- Film link and password will be sent to you the same day you book
- Password access closes, end of day Friday, December 17
If any questions, please be in touch with Lesley – firstname.lastname@example.org