ChemEd is returning to Canada after eight years. The University of Guelph will host the largest North American conference focused on high school and introductory chemistry on July 25–29, 2021. In recent years, the ChemEd series of conferences has drawn 400–700 engaged chemistry educators, and provided an opportunity for participants to share teaching experiences, classroom innovations, and laboratory experiments.
Most of the presenters share their teaching ideas directly from their own experience in the classroom and lab. We encourage STAO science teachers to consider coming to Guelph to showcase what is happening in our Ontario classrooms and labs.
Check out our ChemEd 2021 website to learn about Guelph, ChemEd traditions, and the history of this exciting conference.
What you can do while you wait for 2021?
- Sign up for email updates on the ChemEd website.
- Start thinking about presenting and sharing your ideas at ChemEd 2021: connect with a colleague and create a session together
- Spread the word on your social media and in your school board.
- Follow us @ChemEd2021 on Twitter—we are always tweeting about what chemistry teachers are doing.
- Email us with any ideas or suggestions for ChemEd 2021—let us know what chemistry teachers want in a conference. We would love to hear from you!
In the next few months, we will be contacting teachers who have indicated on the online sign-up-for-updates form that they would like to help on the committee.
See you in 2021!
Yours in chemistry,
Jean Hein and Bonnie Lasby, Chairs of ChemEd 2021