THIS DAY IN SCIENCE: Sydney Opera House Opens in 1983

Select Page

I recently received a message from my health and safety committee that identified a concern regarding a shock hazard with some secondary science equipment. This relates to the older gas spectrum tube transformers that do not have an on/off switch. It is quite easy for a teacher to place a faulty tube in the transformer, became distracted and overlook unplugging the transformer before removing the tube. This could result in several thousand volts. I wondered if your committee had any experience with this equipment and any recommendations.

Related Resources:

Join Now
>
Website Feedback
close slider
X