Mission:Encouraging excellence in science education through leadership and service
Vision:To be the leading voice in the advancement of science education in Ontario
Values:Accountability, excellence, inclusiveness, innovation, integrity, respect, responsibility, teamwork
The Science Teachers' Association of Ontario (L'Association des professeurs de sciences de l'Ontario) was established in 1890. It is registered as an incorporated non-profit organization with the province of Ontario.
The objectives of STAO/APSO are:
- to stimulate and improve the teaching of science in Ontario,
- to co-ordinate the activities of its members, and
- to disseminate information related to science teaching to its members.
To achieve these objectives, the association has four strategic directions:
- to provide professional learning opportunities and resources to educators;
- to advocate for excellence in the development and implementation of the Ontario curriculum;
- to recruit and retain a large, diverse membership, and
- to develop and maintain relationships with partners.
Let us know how STAO can help you transform your teaching from great to excellent. Email: STAO President