Why join STAO?
Network with other science teachers in Ontario
- Learn, develop, grow by making contacts at the STAO Conference with attendees and speakers, joining STAO committees, joining STAO
writing teams, following the Secondary Committee on Twitter!
- Use the STAO website to enhance your teaching
- Over 1600 teaching resources in the online in a searchable Virtual Library organized by grade and strand from K to 12.
- Hundreds of conference handouts/teaching resources provided by speakers from our yearly conferences.
- Print publications available online using UniFlip technology (Safety, Tips, Strategies and more.)
- Additional teacher resources available for purchase at the online STAO Store.
- Attend the annual STAO Conference, the premier professional development event
for Ontario science teachers
- Presented for science teachers, by science teachers.
- Three days, full of ideas and inspiration
- Over 250 sessions, over 100 exhibitors
- Receive frequent STAONews emails
- STAONews lists news for you, your classroom and your school - events, workshops, resources, updates
- Receive our periodicals,
Crucible and Elements five times a year
- Crucible is STAO's periodical for secondary school science teachers
- Elements is STAO's periodical for elementary school science teachers
Join STAO Curriculum Writing Teams and
- Influence the future direction of science education in Ontario. STAOs voice was prominent in the previous curriculum revision.
...and in addition, STAO offers Member Discounts at the following organizations:
Support our conference partners :